Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Now We're Getting Historic

Remember how bad the Marlins in 2011 were? Rivaling Bums of Brooklyn, Washington Senators, the Philly teams of earlier eras, not to mention the St. Louis Browns. They were so laughably bad that ....

BY CLARK SPENCER

CSPENCER@MIAMIHERALD.COM

SEATTLE -- In what has become a month of endless defeats, the Marlins discovered a new way to lose on Sunday. While in the process of intentionally walking a batter in the 10th inning, rookie reliever Steve Cishek uncorked a wild pitch that enabled the deciding run to score in a 2-1 loss to the Mariners.
It’s becoming that kind of season.
“There can’t be too many other ways (to lose), right?” said catcher John Buck, who was behind the plate when Cishek’s third pitch to Carlos Peguero with one out in the 10th sailed past him. “We got that one crossed off the list, so hopefully that’ll be it.”
Said manager Jack McKeon, who has managed in five different decades in the majors: “I have never had it happen to me, in all my years – 60 years. I’ve seen it on television. I’ve never had it against me or for me. Tough.”


Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/06/26/2286186/florida-marlins-june-slump-continues.html#ixzz1Qf5UuVKk

No comments: