Wednesday, December 19, 2007

New Ball Park

Is this really going to happen? There have been so many of these stops-and-starts that maybe the day has come and I am having a hard time believing it. Sampson hugging the mayor -- that looks final, right? But then they say each step in this master plan will need to be approved. Certainly the Orange Bowl would not be my first choice -- from Miami Shores i can get to my seat at Dolphins Stadium faster via I-95, Turnpike, than I can get to a seat in the Orange Bowl. And if they are going to put a soccer stadium where there should be garages, that won't help. Still, the Marlins need a retractable dome, no question about it, and if this is the deal, so be it.

2 comments:

rdfrench said...

One shouldn't need to remind a baseball fan that it ain't over till its over ...

Won't you be able to get there from your downtown office more quickly, perhaps even using some public transportation?

John Dorschner said...

My guess is that taking people mover to Metrorail Govt Center, metrorail to jackson stop, walking across river to OB would take considerably longer than fighting I-95 northward in traffic to Dolphin Stadium.... but one would adjust ...